Welcome to Mariposa’s Annual Butterfly Festival
2013 Mariposa Butterfly Festival
May 3, 4, & 5
~ Always the First Weekend in May ~
Located in the Historic Goldrush Town of Mariposa, California. The gateway to Yosemite Valley.
Where State Highways 140 and 49 Meet.
Mariposa celebrates its namesake at the town’s Annual Butterfly Festival. Mariposa means Butterfly in Spanish. The 2013 Butterfly Festival will take place Friday, May 3rd, Saturday, May 4th, and Sunday, May 5th. The Festival is a Fun Filled Family Weekend that includes:
- Live Butterfly Releases
- Art & Artisan Show – Everything is Handmade!
- The Clothesline – Art created live and then “hung out on the line” for purchase with nothing over $75.00
- Butterfly Hat Competition
- Taste of Mariposa – Sampling of the finest foods prepared by our local restaurants
- Costume Competitions for the little ones
- Children’s Activities (including making costume pieces)
- Chalk Art
- Several Stages of Live Entertainment
- Free Breakfast on Sunday along with Inspirational Music performed by local church groups
- Band Competition
- Great Food
- Line Dancing with UPS Sue
- and more!
Over 7,000 people attend and we would love to have you join us too!